The following licenses and permits can be obtained from the Town Clerk's office.

All dogs in the Town of Hague must be registered at the Town Clerk's office. Every dog is assigned a permanent official identification (ID) number and issued a metal ID tag, which must be attached to the dog's collar.

Please bring the following documentation:

1. If applicable, a certificate from a licensed veterinarian showing that the dog has been spayed or neutered, unless this proof is already on file with the Town Clerk.

2. ALL dogs three months or older must have proof of a rabies vaccination, signed by a licensed veterinarian.

3. Check payable to the Town of Hague for the appropriate license fee - $4.00 if spayed/neutered and $12.00 if not spayed/neutered.

The license will be valid for one year, and renewals will be mailed to the owner.


A couple who intends to be married in New York State must apply in person for a marriage license. The application for a license must be signed in the presence of the Town Clerk. A representative cannot apply for the license on behalf of the couple.

When should we get our license? Although the marriage license is issued immediately, the marriage ceremony may not take place within 24 hours from the exact time that the license was issued. A marriage license is valid for 60 days, beginning the day after it is issued.

How much does the license cost? The marriage license costs $40 and can be paid by cash or check. This fee includes the issuance of a Certificate of Marriage Registration. Additional Certificates of Marriage can be obtained by this office for $10 a copy.

What do we need to bring? - Birth certificates, Baptismal record or naturalization record and a driver's license, passport, employment ID or immigration record must be provided to obtain a marriage license. Divorce papers or death certificates are also needed if applicable.


Hunting and Fishing Licenses are available for sale in the Town Clerk's office. Please visit the NYS DEC website for fees and requirements:


A vendor permit must be obtained by anyone selling during a special event. There is no fee for the permit. Click here to view and print an application.


Handicap tags belong to the person and not the vehicle. Therefore the tag can be moved from vehicle to vehicle. Only one tag can be issued per person. The website which follows is a direct link to the Department of Motor Vehicles' application for a handicap tag. Applications are also available in the Town Clerk's office. The form must be completed by a physician. Bring your driver's license if you have one.