Sewer Advisory Committee
As part of a consent order issued by the Department of Environmental Conservation, the Town of Hague is required to develop an asset management plan for its sewer infrastructure.
At its regular meeting in September of 2014, the Hague Town Board appointed a Sewer Advisory Committee to develop this plan. The Town is fortunate to have Steve Grimm of the New York Rural Water Association working with the Committee as an advisor and facilitator. Steve attends all Committee meetings and offers advice on a wide variety of topics, including asset management, funding sources, best practice sharing and technical information. He also works directly with Hague’s Waste Water Treatment Plant staff, providing technical assistance. The New York Rural Water Association provides these services to the Town free of charge.
Members of the Committee:
- Edna Frasier (Town of Hague Supervisor)
- Diane Trudeau (Town of Hague Bookkeeper and Secretary to Supervisor)
- Ginger Kuenzel (Public Member)
- Phil Smith (Public Member)
- Steve Grimm, Facilitator (New York Rural Water Association)
- John Bast (Town Board Member)
- John Sheehan (Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator)
- Matthew Magee (Zoning Codes Enforcement Officer)
Core criteria for an asset management plan:
- What is the current state of assets?
- What is the desired level of service?
- What are the critical assets for sustained performance?
- What is the minimum lifecycle cost?
- What are the long-term funding strategies?
System Management Improvement Plans:
The Committee was focused on revising the EDU (Equivalent Dwelling Unit) assessments for sewer district residents as well as ensuring best practices in the operation and maintenance of the plant and other wastewater infrastructure. It also advised the Town Board on enforcement of the sewer law and ensuring that everyone in the sewer district is in compliance.
Throughout most of 2016 and 2017, the Committee was focused on revising and updating the Town Sewer Law.
- Jan 12, 2015
- Feb 9, 2015
- Mar 9, 2015
- Apr 13, 2015
- May 07, 2015
- Jun 23, 2015
- Jul 21, 2015
- Aug 18, 2015
(Public informational meeting: minutes & presentation)
- Sept 21,2015
- Nov 16, 2015
- Dec 14, 2015